Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Maine Part 2

I know, I know (Cassie) I am a bad blogger. I have been crazy busy and thinking about re-sizing all of my zillions of Maine pictures has got me stressed. So what do I do? Avoid.

Maine part 2 is all about Popham Beach. My favorite place on earth. I love this beach. And Addie loved it just as much as me. The water was like 75 degrees until the tide came in and cooled it down a bit, still, it was great for swimming. And when the tide came in I rode some serious waves on the boogie board thank-you-very-much. (Me and the other 10 year olds.)

At one point a wave bashed into me, dragged me along the sea floor taking with it my beloved sunglasses and leaving me half naked.

No, seriously. It took "the girls" RIGHT out of my top. I recovered quickly and my sister was the only one lucky enough to witness it. (I'm hoping anyway...)

The other exciting event was the seagull that snatched Addie's peanut butter and jelly right out of her paws after only one bite. Nasty buggers. You have to scarf your food and fast, cuz it could be gone quick.

I love the beach. I hate seagulls.

So besides losing some sunglasses, some lunch and some modesty, it was a success! It is my happy place. I tried to soak it all in so the next time I am laying on the operating table about to have another C-section, I can go back there.

There's no place like home.

PS Apparently I am totally down with mother-daughter matching suits :)










1 comments:

Cassie said...

I have no pity for your loss of modesty. At least you have something to fall out of your swim suit. I would have been mistaken for the boogie board.

The beach is fabulous and a Maine beach is so wonderful there are no words. I am glad you had a great day!

Thanks for updating the blog, I forgive you.